The Red Cross became active in St. Kitts since April 1942 when there was a Branch Depot originally located at Lilac Cottage on Liverpool Row owned then by the firm of T. R. Evans Ltd. or part of the building in which Ram's is house now as Karibhana on Liverpool Row.
Before attaining the Status of a Society, St. Kitts & Nevis Red Cross was an overseas Branch of the British Red Cross Society, ably supported by the parent body in the form of trained help and aided financially up to the present time. At that time the wife of the Governor General was the Ex-Officio the President of the Society. St. Kitts and Nevis Red Cross Society came into being after the Act of The House of Assembly passes on July 24, 1985. It has since met all the requirements for acceptance on the 26th October, 1993 in the League of Red Cross (now known as the Federation ) and Red Crescent Societies and in the International Committee of the Red Cross.
Under the new Constitution the St. Kitts and Nevis Red Cross Society must include within its structure a Branch for each Island and District who will be responsible to these Branches.
Affiliates & Partners
St Kitts-Nevis Red Cross Horsford Road PO Box 62 Basseterre, St. Kitts